Changing Seasons uses a wide variety of methods to deliver high quality, interactive training over four modules. Each module lasts one day and everyone must complete Module 1. They can then choose how many of the other modules they wish to attend.
Module 1: An introduction to Ministry with Older People
Module 2: Mission and Discipleship
Module 3: Challenging Loneliness and Isolation
Module 4: Transitions in Later Life (Dependency and End of Life)
“Changing Seasons is another exciting development from the Older People’s Ministries team. At a time when we are facing renewed challenges and opportunities to do with aging Corps and communities, this detailed and highly relevant training opportunity can make a huge difference to our Corps and our mission to the wider world. It’s very well timed, well researched and is certainly needed!”
Lieut-Col Alan Burns, Secretary for Mission.
Anybody who is interested in exploring older people’s ministry within whatever setting they are working.
This would include officers, Corps/Centre employees, chaplains, volunteers, divisional or territorial envoys.
Module 1: 28 October 2021 (Venue TBC)
Module 2: 13 January 2022 (Online)
Module 3: 26 April 2022 (Venue TBC)
Module 4: 07 July 2022 (William Booth College)
This course runs from 9.30am – 4.15pm
By the end of Module 1, delegates should be able to:
• Have an overview of some of the issues facing older people in the UK today
• Understand ways to identify the needs of older people where they live
• Identify biblical and themes about working with older people
• Understand what attracts and keeps quality volunteers
• Identify what new resources are needed for mission and discipleship in their own setting
By the end of Module 2, delegates should be able to:
• Identify a basic understanding in relation to the mission and the discipleship of older people
• Demonstrate an understanding of different models and resources available to support mission and discipleship with older people
• Be aware of the “Age to Age” discipleship materials and how these can be used
• Identify some of the challenges of mission amongst older people in more specialised environments
• Articulate a sense of ‘journey’ in older people’s coming to faith
• Have discussed how to ‘do’ mission amongst older people
Members of Older People’s Ministries Team