The Certificate in Employability practice is made up of 4 units comprising 16 modules:
Unit 1: Contracting, action planning and caseload management
Unit 2: Interpersonal coaching and facilitation skills
Unit 3: Supporting informed decision making
Unit 4: Finding and competing for work
The qualification will support you to develop towards a professional standard in employability work and practice, and support your career development in this field. It has been designed by the sector standards organisation for employability and is widely recognised in the sector.
The qualification is accredited by The Institute of Employability Professionals in partnership with the Awarding Body NCFE.
- Completion of Institute of Employability Professionals (IEP) Accredited Sector Level 2 Induction
- Currently working with a case load of clients for employment focused support
Assessment and delivery overview:
The assessment will consist of:
- Online learning modules assessed through quizzes and end of unit assessments;
- Written assignments including essays and case studies;
- A portfolio of work, demonstrating evidence of learning and practical application of new skills.
The qualification takes an average of 148 hours to complete, but could be more or less depending on progress and prior experience. The delivery and assessment is split over 9 months, including:
- 2 days’ induction, training and study skills on 9th and 10th November 2021 with overnight stay at William Booth College;
- An average of 3-4 hours training per month, including online classes, small group workshops or independent completion of online modules;
- An average of 8 hours per month working on assignments, independent reading and liaising with your assessor; and
- 1 day completion and final submission support day at WBC towards the end of the course. Date TBC.
Cost: The cost is £550 per learner
Download Application Form
Who Should Apply?
Those who are currently working with a case load of clients for employment focused support.
The qualification will support you to develop towards a professional standard in employability work and practice and support the career development of those in this field.
Venue & Dates
Cohort 1 (November 2021 – July 2022)
- 09 November – 10 November 2021 (Initial 2 day induction at William Booth College)
- 3-4 hours of online classes/small group workshops/independent online modules per month
- An average of 8 hours per month working on assignments, independent reading and liaising with your assessor
- 1 day completion and final submission support day at William Booth College (End of July 2022, date TBC)
Please note that you need to attend all parts of the course
By the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Contracting, action planning and caseload management
- Interpersonal coaching and facilitation skills
- Supporting informed decision making
- Finding and competing for work
Specialist speakers from IEP and SISTAD