An opportunity to investigate and experience ways for increasing and broadening your effective preaching, including :
• Preaching in contemporary worship and mission
• Narrative structure and perspectives on preaching
• The gospel and contemporary society
• Communicating for change
• What do the congregation do with the sermon?
During the course delegates will be asked to preach a short, five minute micro-sermon, on a given text.
All who have a preaching responsibility and seek to develop skills and styles for greater effectiveness of communication
26-29 June 2017
25-28 June 2018
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
• gain a greater awareness of styles of preaching, learning styles, and how they impact congregations
• have an understanding of preaching within a contemporary context and how the gospel can effectively reach people today
• understand how their own preaching style can be enhanced so they can more effectively communicate the gospel message.
Dr Peter Mead