• Listening skills that can be effectively implemented in all areas of your life: family, church, work etc.
• Twelve skills that enable a congregation to care for each other.
• Understand what drives people’s behaviours.
• How to communicate more effectively.
• Ways of dealing appropriately with your emotions.
• How to maintain healthy relationships.
• Learn useful negotiation skills.
• How to effectively respond to criticism and strong negative feelings.
• Test your new skills in a non-threatening, encouraging environment.
• Understand why people leave congregations.
• Learn to recognise the early signs of someone dropping out of your congregation and how to respond to help retain them as active participants in your corps family.
8-12 October 2018
38 hours (including evenings)
Delegates are required to attend the whole course