What is assertiveness?
This course examines that question and provides communication techniques to enable delegates to act and speak assertively, without compromising the qualities of integrity and compassion.
The course explores the biblical view of assertiveness through bible study. It examines how we communicate and build rapport, through classroom teaching, case studies, and discussion.
Learners will look particularly at listening skills, framing requests, saying ‘no’ and consider giving and receiving feedback. The course provides opportunity to apply learning to individual situations.
Open to all
13-15 March 2018
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
• identify assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour.
• make and refuse requests assertively.
• apply the skills to deal with aggressive/challenging behaviour assertively.
• be more confident in asserting your voice in groups and with individuals.
• explore the biblical perspective on assertive behaviour.